Take To Fun Translator

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Alia Bhatt makes singing debut with Highway

With Oscar winner A. R. Rahman at the helm, Imtiaz Ali's upcoming film Highway is sure to offer audience a soulful ride. The music of the film was released recently at a Mumbai hotel by Rahman, Ali and the film's young leading lady Alia Bhatt, who also makes her singing debut with the kidnap drama. 

The film's other protagonist, Randeep Hooda, didn't attend the event. 

Rahman revealed it was Imtiaz's suggestion to make Alia sing. 

" When Alia learned the song and sang to me, I was pretty impressed with her natural ability. We guided her to perfect her skills," Rahman said. 

He also talked about how he wanted to sing the song in question, a ballad called Sooha Saha , solely because it is in Punjabi. 



" I wanted to sing this song because I have never done a Punjabi song. I am a fan of the language, but when I learnt the context of the sequence where it was to be played, I realised that the song needed a female voice," Rahman said. 

He added, however, that he got his wish anyway, by singing yet another Punjabi number from the film's soundtrack. 

" I sang in Punjabi and to my surprise I picked up the language fast as I love it. My association with Subhash Ghai and Yash Chopra ji made it easy for me to learn Punjabi. It was easier than Hindi," he said. 

Alia revealed that she went through a series of emotions, from nervousness to excitement, before her big playback debut. 

" I was in Rahman sir's studio and was messing up. I hadn't rehearsed much, so we had to record it twice. He was very patient with me, for which I am really grateful to him. It really stopped me from going home and screaming in my pillow," she said. 

Singing, she added, is more difficult than acting. " Acting is always easier than singing. I always knew that I would act, but never knew that I would be able to sing," the 20- year- old said. 

Imtiaz is shooting a special video for Highway with Rahman and Alia Bhatt, which will be included in the film. 

Talking about the video, Rahman said he found the experience " very exciting" as Imtiaz made " me do some crazy things".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats On Your Mind??? About This....?