Take To Fun Translator

Sunday 16 February 2014

Bromance is the secret of Gunday success

Arjun Kapoor's new release Gunday has made a decent start at the box office, and the budding actor says one reason why the film shaped up to everyone's expectations is because he and co- star Ranveer Singh shared a great bond off screen. 

" We would crack each other up all the time during the shoot. Ranveer supported and encouraged me to be on the top of my game throughout the shooting. He made me give my best shot. I took back a strong friendship from this film," says Arjun. 

The off- screen chemistry helped the duo interpret their roles of refugees who turn coal mafia dons in the Bengal of the seventies, after 



Arjun cites an instance to prove his point. " There was a serious sequence that wasn't falling into place because everyone was stressed out. So, Ranveer and I decided to lighten up the mood. 
In the middle of the shot, Ranveer started twisting my nipples and I reacted jokingly. 

We just created a moment for people to laugh. Ranveer ne literally meri pungi baja di !" Talking of what kind of a girl he would like to date, Arjun says he doesn't have any ' type' when it comes to girls. 

" I don't have a type for girls. It keeps changing. You have a type and then suddenly someone else seems interesting. 

The truth is all women are beautiful so why define them in a way that restricts the thought process?" Gunday is only his third film and Arjun has already shown a method streak to get into the skin of his roles. If the actor lost weight for his double role in Aurangzeb , he gloriously made six packs for his latest. 

The method actor in him will once again go for a drastic change for his next release, the rom- com 2 States where he is paired opposite Alia Bhatt. " It will be very interesting to see if people recognise me without my stubble in 2 States . My previous roles and the one in 2 States are like chalk and cheese. I shot simultaneously for Gunday and 2 States , pushing my boundaries as an actor to handle two different characters," the actor adds. 

The actor, however claims, he loved playing the action hero in Gunday . " We were shooting a highlight train robbery scene in extremely hot weather near Wai ( in Satara, Maharashtra) with our harnesses on. It was a torturous yet memorable sequence. I also loved the Durga Puja fight sequence." The actor will be next seen in Tevar opposite Sonakshi Sinha and Finding Fanny Fernandes costarring Deepika Padukone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats On Your Mind??? About This....?