Take To Fun Translator

Wednesday 29 January 2014

5 minutes with… Designer, Fiona Kotur !!!

5 minutes with… Designer, 



By: Tala Samman- myfashdiary.com 

One of my favourite accessories designer, Fiona Kotur of Kotur recently came down to Dubai from Hong Kong to promote her collection at Etoile Boutique. I had the opportunity to sit down with the designer and talk about how she got into accessories, how she took the leap with starting her own line, the importance of clutches (day and night) as well as her handbag essentials. 
etoilelaboutique.com 

Hi Fiona! Is it your first time here in Dubai? 

Yes it is. I just arrived last night from Hong Kong. I like it a lot actually. 
I have never been to HK but I have heard Dubai is a bit similar. It is very cosmopolitan. 
Yes. Actually I felt immediately comfortable here. There is a lot of energy, which I love! 

Do you have a good amount of time during this trip? 

We are leaving tomorrow night sadly; I am already packing everything in. 

Tell me… How did you get to accessories? 

You know, before, when I used to be a child I was already into accessories! I have always been into it. I have always collected shoes and handbags, and I have always enjoyed decorating my body with things. Then I started professionally when I was out of college. I worked for Ralph Lauren. I was the accessories designer… I had a kind of liberal education, but I had a family who was into arts and design; so I guess I had some knowledge. My mum for example is also a fashion designer. And then when I was at Ralph Lauren I started doing accessories and I just loved it. I have always loved it. It is like a sculpture. You can have more fun with accessories and make a big statement with little things. Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats On Your Mind??? About This....?