Take To Fun Translator

Thursday 16 May 2013

Finding Flowers

Realistically speaking (typing?), I should be working on my graduate project or possibly reviewing videos of me doing therapy with my clients. Instead, I’ve decided to talk to you about flowers!
I knew from the very beginning that flowers weren’t something I was super attached to as wedding decorations. When it comes to Sparky, his described interest is “As little as you care, I’m about 5% of that.” So it’s not something we’ve been too hung up on.

That being said, I knew that we would have some flowers. I couldn’t imagine walking down the aisle without a bouquet, and I think a tux without a boutonniere wouldn’t look quite right at a wedding.
Being a researcher by trade, I put a lot of time into reading reviews and looking at portfolios of various florists. Having done that, I decided on the florist I was most interested in and then promptly set it aside. (This was done last February, probably.) Fast forward past the year mark and my Knot checklist suggests “set up appointments with florists to discuss options.” Uh, yeah. I should do that.
Before I got in touch with the florist I had found, I asked BM Apple Pie who did the flowers at her wedding. Lo and behold, she used the same florist. Sold.
We went to the meeting with Wendy of Ravenna Bloom with iPhones in hand. Sparky didn’t have any strong opinions, so I used my inspiration board to talk about what I was thinking. Basically what I said: Anemones, pops of blue, edible components, texture, and a smallish bouquet (no hiding behind flowers for me!).
So…my inspiration? Click through!  
Finding Flowers :  wedding flowers seattle Cunning

I love that this bouquet has anemones. They are my favorite, and really the only flower that jumped out when I was looking at bridal bouquets. I love the different white/white colors and textures, too. Plus, the gray brunia berries are really rocking my world. If this is what my bouquet ends up looking like I would be very happy.
Finding Flowers :  wedding flowers seattle Image4702

This one has those brunia berries again and the added texture/color of the gray dusty miller leaves. I also really like the pine cones, though I think those are more for a winter wedding than a summer/fall wedding like ours.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats On Your Mind??? About This....?