Take To Fun Translator

Thursday 23 October 2014

A History of Everyone Freaking Out Over Renée Zellweger’s Face

More than any other actress of her generation, Renée Zellweger's face has been used as shorthand for her career. 



In an industry where every female star's face is fodder for public comment, Zellweger has undergone the worst of it — ever since she gained weight for Bridget Jones' Diary (and lost it for Chicago), Zellweger's been too fat, too thin, too Botoxed, too something. On the occasion of the latest controversy, let's take a look back at all the ways Zellweger's features have disappointed her ostensible fans. 
2001 
The public furor over Zellweger's looks began when she gained 20 pounds to play Bridget Jones. Suddenly her figure was fair game; all the usual subtextual concerns about actresses' bodies were allowed to become text. It was not a happy time for her. "I realized the influence of living in a society that focuses so much on physicality has affected me," she told Vogue years later. "When the film was coming out, the question I was asked the most was regarding my weight. ... I was followed around Heathrow by a guy who wanted to take a picture of my backside. I don't understand the obsession." 

See More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats On Your Mind??? About This....?